Start Date: August 2018
Location: Lysaker, Oslo, Norway
Upon applying please upload your application/cover letter, CV and university grade transcript.
If you should have any questions, please contact us on email@example.com
Cisco plays a crucial role in driving next generation software innovations including cloud, mobile, hardware, embedded, desktop and security spaces. At Lysaker, on the outskirts of Oslo, we have a team of 350 engineers who create breathtaking collaboration products using bleeding edge technology in order to make it easier for people to connect. You will build applications that make technology accessible to people on a variety of devices. Imagine, design, and create solutions to transform how we work, live, learn and play.
We are looking for 10 Graduate Software Engineers to join our team. You will be part of a team that develops the next generation collaboration technology and cloud services. Our development team is involved from board bring up all the way to the user interface, as well as deploying software to our cloud platform. We use different programming languages for different use cases where C/C++, Java, Python on Linux and Android are the most frequently used.
What you will do:
● Create great collaboration experiences by writing quality software on multiple platforms
● Be a key part of a high performing cross-functional scrum team. You will work closely with other developers, testers, designers and product management during our iterative development cycles, where product development is done from idea to finished article.
● Deploy your code and get fast feedback on usage and adoption from real customers
● Use state of the art hardware, technology, methods and tools, while learning from your talented colleagues
What you need to be eligible:
● In your final year of study or recently graduated from a Masters (Bachelors) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics, Electrical Engineering, or a related subject such as Maths, Physics
● Passionate about product development
● Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering with an aptitude for learning new technologies
● Experience with multiple programming languages
● Excellent academic record
● Possess creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting skills
● Comfortable with working in teams
● Good English verbal and written skills
What we offer you:
● Competitive salary package with pension and insurances
● Room to play: At Cisco, you’ll be challenged and developed whilst having fun. We value a culture of smart risks, and think it’s better to try and fail than not try at all.
● A world of opportunities: Personalized learning, mentoring, stretch assignments and world-class career growth programs
● We believe flexibility in the workplace is important to make sure you have a good work-life balance
● Culture of recognition: From praise to promotions, bonuses, incentives, patent programs and innovation challenges, recognition and gratitude is part of everyday work life at Cisco
● A value-driven culture: Cisco was ranked one of Norway’s 5 best companies to work for in Great Place To Work in 2015
● Design-awarded office: Our innovation center is located at Lysaker, Oslo, with easy access by public transport. We have the largest in-house design community in Norway and have won prestigious design awards like iF Gold and Red Dot Best of the Best.
Cisco er den verdens ledende nettverks-giganten for internet med hovedkontor i Silicon Valley, USA. I dag er det Cisco´s løsninger som har nettverk fundamentet for de fleste telecommunications industrier, i Norge har vi alt fra små til store kunder som Statoil, Telenor, Sykehuspartner, Tine, diverse universitet og høyskoler osv.
Vi er globalt anerkjent via Great Place to Work og rangeres nå som #3 i Best Multinational Workplace in Europe 2017.
I Norge har Cisco hovedkontor på Lysaker rett utenfor Oslo. Her kan du jobbe i salgsteamet vårt, i supply chain teamet eller i R&D miljøet vårt som utvikler for video og samhandlings teknologi som er brukt av kunder over hele verden.
3 fun facts om Cisco Norge:
1) Cisco ble rangert som #5 i Norges Beste Arbeidsplasser i 2015.
2) I R&D teamet vårt jobber nærmere 350 av våre 500 ansatte. Dette er et av de få utvikler miljøer i Norge hvor du kan jobbe med reel produktutvikling. Her er en liten videosnutt på hva teamet har utviklet i det siste: Cisco Spark Board: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YdMXDI_o_Y
3) Vi har det største in-house design teamet i Norge og har vunnet prestisjetunge awards som iF Gold og Red Dot Best of the Best.