Dynamic positioning (DP) is a system that automatically maintains a vessel's position and heading by using its own propellers and thrusters. This allows operations at sea where mooring and anchoring are not feasible. Dynamic positioning may either be absolute in that the position is locked relative to a fixed point over the seabed, or relative to a moving object such as another vessel or an underwater vehicle. Dynamic positioning is frequently used in the offshore industry worldwide.
Engineer (B.Sc./B.Eng., M.Sc./M.Eng.) in Cybernetics, Control Engineering, Marine, Electronics, Instrumentation, Computer Science, etc.
Fluency in English required
Some knowledge of C/C++ programming
- Extensive world-wide travel (about 130 travel days pr. year)
- Software commissioning on board vessels
- Software engineering in office
- Able to gain an overview for complex systems
- Practical, hands on approach to complex tasks
- Able to think clear in a hectic, demanding international environment
- Focus on fulfilling customer needs and expectations
- Ready for unpredictable work hours and way of living
- Independent and able to think outside the box
- Quality minded
- Positive, robust, tolerant and cooperative personality
- Representing the Kongsberg visions and values
We can offer:
- Informal and positive working environment
- An international, dynamic and creative environment
- Working with state of the art technology and products
- Excellent technical and personal challenges
- Highly qualified co-workers who are willing to share their knowledge and experience
- Mentor during training period
- Personal development opportunities, both in-house/external
If you have questions or need further information, please contact:
Nils Anders Nakjem at mobile no. +47 95885573
If you are ready for a change and feel you are the competent and motivated person we are looking for, please put your name on the speed interview list.
Kongsberg Gruppens viktigste kompetanseområder er programvareutvikling, signalbehandling, reguleringsteknikk (kybernetikk) og systemintegrering. Basert på disse kompetansene lager vi systemer og produkter til alt fra solcellepaneler på romsonder i verdensrommet til multistråleekkolodd som kartlegger sjøbunnen ned til 11.000 meters dyp. Produktene er preget av høyt teknologiinnhold og skal fungere i meget krevende omgivelser.