Do you want a unique internship this summer? You now have the opportunity to be a part of Norway’s fastest-growing software company - Cognite as well as Statnett - the system operator of the Norwegian power grid, owning and operating some of Norway's most important infrastructure.
If you want to work with cutting-edge technology, together with cross-functional teams this summer - this is your chance!
About the cooperation:
In our joint Summer Internship program, Cognite is looking for 3 students to work together with students recruited by Statnett as a part of Statnetts digitization program: FRIDA. The goal of FRIDA is to improve network planning and asset management in Statnett through increased availability and usage of data.
Statnett and Cognite work together to develop modern IT solutions for the power industry. The primary work we do is related to smart maintenance and power system analysis.
During the summer you will work in a cross-functional team, solving problems applying agile working methods based on Scrum. You will work on the same tasks that our full-time engineers/project managers are working on, and your contribution will be substantial. At the end of your internship, you will present your work to the product owners and the FRIDA digitalization program.
We are looking for students who have completed at least 2 years of higher education in the summer of 2021. As we need students who are sufficient in programming, we are looking for someone with an education in IT-related subjects; computer science, data science, cybernetics, statistics, industrial economics, maths or similar.
You are curious about the power market and power grids of Norway, and how to make them more efficient. You should be interested in using your analytical mindset and your communication skills to convey the results from your analysis in the best possible way.
About the job:
- Work in cross-functional teams FRIDA -teams “Smart Maintenance” and “Power System Analysis”
- Collect, quality check and analyze data using Cognite’s industrial data platform Cognite Data Fusion (CDF)
About what we can offer you this summer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Opportunity to work with and learn from great people on projects that create real impact
- All the tools you need to be productive
- Open and friendly company culture, including social events for summer interns at Statnett and Cognite
- Flat structure with direct access to leaders
- 1-2 weeks vacation as agreed with Cognite/Statnett
- Mentorship from Cognite
- This is the second time we run this joint internship, with last year's huge success, we look to do it even better this year, and can promise that your work will be impactful for both students,
Practical information about the Internship
- The period of the internship is June 15th to August 15th, 2021.
- Attach a copy of your certificates/transcripts or a link to vitnemalsportalen.no when you apply
- Number of roles: 3
- The application deadline is 09.05.2021