Are you graduating or completing your Engineering education in spring 2021? This is an unique opportunity for you who want to join Shearwater's growing team, building advanced real-time software to acquire and process large data sets in an international context!
Informasjon om stillingen
On behalf of our collaborator, Shearwater, Academic Work is looking for Software Engineer - a unique opportunity for you who are interested in developing and delivering complex real-time seismic acquisition systems, handling large data volumes, processed through cutting edge technology. Are you the one Shearwater is looking for?
Interested in what colleagues say about working at Shearwater? Read about it here.
Shearwater is the leading global provider of advanced geophysical marine seismic acquisition, processing services and processing software. Their focus is to deliver superior geophysical services to clients using the best-in-class seismic equipment and acquisition techniques. Shearwater is a rapidly growing company and are looking for you to be their new colleague joining the office at Høvik!
Why working at Shearwater?
- Growing and international company
- Good development opportunities
- Highly skilled colleagues
- An open and inclusive culture
- Competitive salary and benefits
As a Software Engineer at Shearwater you will join a talented team that develops complete seismic acquisition systems from sensor to real-time data acquisition and data management (Sensor to Image). With a "learning by doing" approach, you will learn from the best - your highly skilled colleagues, focusing on: sensors, software, electronics, mechanics and geophysical signal analysis.
- Develop and deliver functional software according to project requirements as set out in user stories
- Interaction with users and clients
- Follow best practices for code development such as unit tests and test-driven development
- Communicate with the different disciplines in the project team
We are looking for graduate students, who
- Have fulfilled or are graduating from a master or bachelor program in spring 2021 within engineering, computer science, Math, Physics, Geodesy, Cybernetics, or related field
- Have experience in Object Oriented Software development using C++ or Java this can have been gained from school or private projects
- Have experience in scripting languages, such as Python, Perl or similar
- Good understanding of networks will be an advantage
- Good spoken and written English and communication skills
Are you graduating spring 2021? We are looking forward to seeing your application!
As a person you are
- Result orientated
- Start date: As soon as possible, or after agreement
- City: Oslo
- Fulltime position, staffing 6 months
Application deadline: 23. May
Contact information: This recruitment process is handled by Academic Work in collaboration with Shearwater. You will by hired by Academic Work and all questions regarding the process should be sent to Academic Work.
We are continuously working with the process and the advert can be closed before the recruitment process is finished if we have started screening and interviewing candidates.