Are you a recent graduate or close to graduation and ready to embark on an exciting career in data engineering in 2024?
At Cognite, we are seeking passionate individuals who are eager to leverage cutting-edge technologies to transform industries and drive data-driven decision-making. If you're looking for an opportunity to launch your career in a dynamic and innovative environment, we invite you to read on and discover what Cognite has to offer!
About the position
As a Data Engineer at Cognite, you will have the unique opportunity to create and deliver solutions that address the most significant challenges faced by our industrial customers. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing data infrastructure and robust pipelines, connecting data from diverse sources. Your work will play a pivotal role in empowering our clients to make impactful business decisions.
About Cognite and Cogniters
Cognite is a global leader in industrial software with our Industrial DataOps platform, Cognite Data Fusion®, at the core. We were awarded the 2022 Technology Innovation Leader for Global Digital Industrial Platforms.
To build the best possible product, we believe in autonomous teams with engineers, developers, designers and product managers working closely together. We use the latest technologies ☁️ and work closely with end users to iterate quickly towards better product experiences 💻. That means that our users have the best data quality possible and ensure better insights for the user through data science and physical process modelling.
A typical day as a Cogniter will contain the following tasks & responsibilities
● Design and implementation of scalable and efficient data engineering solutions using our platform Cognite Data Fusion
● Manage integrations, extractions, data modelling, and analysis using Cognite data connectors and SQL, Python/Java and Rest APIs
● Create custom data models for data discovery, mapping, and cleansing
● Collaborate with data scientists, project managers and solution architects on project deliveries to enable our customers to achieve the full potential of our industrial DataOps platform
● Support customers and partners in conducting data engineering tasks with Cognite products.
● Implement Cognite's proprietary AI solutions for data onboarding, incorporating recent developments in Gen AI and LLMs
We believe most of these should match your experience
● Graduating with a Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or similar. Relevant experience can compensate for formal education
● Experience with Python, SQL and Rest APIs
● Experience with Git
● Enjoys working in cross-functional teams
● Able to independently investigate, solve problems and learn quickly
● Humility to ask for help and enjoy sharing knowledge with others.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Why choose Cognite? 🏆 🚀
Join us in making a real and lasting impact in one of the most exciting and fastest-growing new software companies in the world. We have repeatedly demonstrated that digital transformation, when anchored on strong DataOps, drives business value and sustainability for clients and allows front-line workers, as well as domain experts, to make better decisions every single day. We were recognized as one of CNBC's top global enterprise technology startups powering digital transformation! We were also recognized by Frost & Sullivan who named Cognite a Technology Innovation Leader! 🥇 Most recently Cognite Data Fusion® Achieved Industry First DNV Compliance for Digital Twins 🥇
A snapshot of our many perks and benefits as a Cogniter
● Receive competitive salary and benefits, including a pension plan, insurance, parental benefits, and much more.
● Join a team of 70 different nationalities 🌐 with Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DEI) in focus 🤝.
● A highly modern and fun working environment with sublime culture across the organization, follow us on Instagram @cognitedata 📷 to know more
● Flat structure with direct access to decision-makers, with minimal amount of bureaucracy ● Opportunity to work with and learn from some of the best people on some of the most ambitious projects found anywhere, across industries
● Gain perks like a paid mobile telephone subscription and broadband connection.
● Get access to extended private health services with Aker Care.
● Hungry? We’ve got your back. A subsidized lunch at the canteen is delivered by our chefs who specialize in options for both vegetarians and non-vegetarian, salads and hot soups every day
● Stay fueled between meals with snacks and drinks. COGNITE.COM | [email protected] 1
● Our own Cognite exclusive coffee bar ☕ with the friendliest baristas is here to brew coffee for coffee lovers, tea for tea lovers, smoothie for smoothie lovers, and the baristas creative concoctions when the mood strikes.
● We take your mental- and physical health seriously by having a broad health offering and a free membership to our fully-staffed gym on-site.
● A pet lover? Get the chance to meet Spot 🐶!
If you're excited about the opportunity to work at Cognite and make a difference in the tech industry, we encourage you to apply today! We welcome candidates of all backgrounds and identities to join our team.
Please do not hesitate to contact our Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions - ([email protected]).
We encourage you to follow us on Cognite LinkedIn; we post all our openings there.
Application deadline: 31.12.2023
Approximate start month: between April-August 2024
● Updated resumé/CV
● Motivational letter
● Current Transcript of Records (endelig- eller midlertidig karakterutskrift fra studiet). Please provide your most up-to-date transcript, whether it's the final or interim version, to give us insight into your academic performance.
Once you've compiled these documents, we will carefully review your application and proceed with the following steps:
● 1st interview: Technical Screening Interview.
● 2nd interview: Live Coding Interview
● Final Interview
We appreciate your interest in Cognite, and we look forward to reviewing your application and exploring the next steps together. If you meet these requirements, our team will reach out to guide you through the process. Best of luck!
The key to industrial digitalization lies in data liberation. Heavy-asset industries like oil and gas, shipping, manufacturing, and power and utilities already have the data. Now they need software to collect, clean, and contextualize the data. A resource to transform the data into information and to stimulate a thriving ecosystem of industrial applications.
Cognite Data Fusion (CDF) presents a digital representation of industrial reality to make it accessible and meaningful for humans and machines.
With CDF, our industrial customers can harness the potential of advanced analytics, deploy algorithms, and build customized applications. We make it possible to maximize the strategic value of data. Realizing the promise of digitalization
To succeed, we need a lot of skill-sets, such as backend programming with large scale distributed systems, real-time systems, machine learning, optimization, web frontends, 3D-models, robots and more. We need project managers who can be consultants for our customers. It will be a very exciting environment where team members will learn new skills from some of the best.
Why work for Cognite?